24th February 2016
Criteria for a Junior / Cadet archer's submission for a place in Team England.
Where required, criteria should be related to the event for which the archer is to be
3 scores to be submitted
- Junior / Cadet submissions limited to:
- Imperial Rounds: York/Hereford, and / or B1 to B3 (male junior/cadet)
- Imperial Rounds: York/Hereford, and/or B1 to B4 (female junior/cadet)
- WA 1440, M1 to M3 (male junior/cadet)
- WA 1440, M1 to M4 (female junior/cadet)
- Minimum age 13 years old at any point in the year of the event/s (male and female
- All Metric and Bristol submissions must be appropriate to age or above
- For indoor - 3 x Portsmouth rounds (Cut-off dates for score submissions for
the National Indoor Junior HN match: 1/10/15 to 3/10/16. The date and the venue of the event is yet to be confirmed by the National Tournaments Committee. The
cut-off score submission dates are based on historical dates from the NTC.)
- Only scores achieved at UKRS or WRS tournaments including ‘closed’ events such as The Masters/EuroNations will be
- Closing (cut-off) dates will be set according to the requirements of the Tournament Organiser(s)
- Scores for submission must have been achieved in the period from 1 April 2016 to 31st March 2017
- Submissions will only be accepted on the prescribed form available from the web-site to: email@example.com, all submissions will be acknowledged.
- Junior / Cadet Submissions: conversion to handicap may be considered, due to difficulty in accessing criteria tournaments.
- Selected Junior / Cadet Archers will be entered into the round appropriate to their age
- Commonwealth Europe / EuroNations - eligibility re article 25 of the CGF code: See Below
- Eligibility re GB representation within the past 12 months
All Archers who have represented GB at an International shoot within the last
12 months for that particular bow style are not eligible for the Home Nations matches
Following the Closing Date:
- Offers of a place on the team will be made by the Team Selection Co-ordinator (TSC), with a standard letter
requesting a response by return.
- The TSC will pass details of team members to the Team Managers.
There may be an embargo in place during this period.
- Following the acceptance of places, those not successful will be contacted, by the TSC thanking them for their
- The ranking list, with the team members marked, along with non-travelling reserves,
will be sent to the web master for publication. Details will include, Name, Club, County, Region.
The above criteria will be
reviewed annually at the EAF November Committee Meeting.
ARTICLE 25 of the Commonwealth Games Federation
1. Subject to Article 25 (2) as a condition of entry to compete in the Commonwealth Games, all competitors must
be citizens or subjects of The Commonwealth Country that enters them and must:
- Not be currently under disqualification or suspension by the
Federation, or their respective Affiliated CGA or IF or under the World Anti-Doping Code;16
- Comply with all applicable rules and regulations of
the Federation, their respective IFs and the World Anti-Doping Code as may be modified and applied by the Federation to ensure that the overriding principles of the Commonwealth Games are
2. Subject to Article 25 (3), where a competitor was born in a Commonwealth Country that has common
citizenship/passport with other Commonwealth Countries, the competitor may initially represent either the competitor's Commonwealth Country of birth or the Commonwealth Country of birth of his or her
father or mother that shares the same citizenship/passport.
3. After having represented one Commonwealth Country at the Commonwealth Games, a competitor may not represent another Commonwealth
Country unless he or she receives the approval of the Federation, the relevant IF and the Affiliated CGAs of the two Commonwealth Countries concerned.
Applications under this
article must be submitted to the Executive Board at least 12 months prior to the commencement of the Games.
It is the responsibility of all Affiliated CGAs to ensure that their competitors are fully aware of and comply with the eligibility rules of the
5 The Executive Board (CGA) shall have the power to waive the provisions of Articles 25 (13 )in its